Meet Me Halfway: Milwaukee Stories has received a number of honors in recent months:
- Wisconsin Center for the Book’s 2016 Selection (Wisconsin Book of the Year)
- 2016 Outstanding Achievement award from the Wisconsin Library Association.
- Chosen as the “One Book, One Conference” common read for librarians who will be convening this October in Milwaukee for the Wisconsin Library Association annual conference.
- Included in the “Best University Press Books for Public and Secondary School Libraries” list compiled each year by two divisions of the American Library Association — one of only 9 American fiction books on this year’s list. http://www.aaupnet.org/
- Selected as the representative title for Wisconsin in the Great Lakes Reads program, a new project of the state Centers for the Book in the Great Lakes region. Currently a finalist for Wisconsin Book of the Year.
- Finalist for the Midwest Book Award in short fiction collection/anthology category.
- Selected title in the New York City public school’s inaugural LGBTQ Writers in Schools program, for use in NYC high schools.
- Chosen as University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s Common Reading Experience for the Class of 2019. (And finalist for UW-Madison’s common read.)
- Awarded a “4C” (highest) review in the Chicago Book Review and included on their list of “Best Books of 2015.”
Virtual Author Visits
If you adopt the book for your class or if your book club or other group reads it together, Meet Me Halfway author Jennifer Morales will make a free virtual visit to your classroom or group (via Skype, FaceTime, etc.). Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a date and time.